I realized how out of the loop I was this week when EVERYONE I know seems to have a blog but me... even my nephews who are in elementary school! Ha! So, I thought I should see what all the commotion was about. So far, I don't see it... but, I am sure it will come with time! :)
My days all run together lately, it might have something to do with the sleep deprivation that comes with having a new bouncing bundle of joy... so forgive me if my posts get crazy boring or just plain crazy!
So... today was pretty much like my other days. I am trying to juggle G, house work, and work work! I totally overestimated my powers when I had the brilliant idea of only taking two weeks off for maternity leave. I thought it would be fine since I am now doing my work from home. Yeah, I think I should have taken six! Maybe it would not be so bad if I had healed properly but it seems like every time I turn around I have some kind of new infection. The good news is (cross your fingers because I don't want to jinx it) but, I think I am finally healing!!! I am feeling better physically...but, I still feel drained. I feel like I have no strength left at times (today I could not even remove a lid off of a jar of jelly.)...
Okay, okay. Enough complaining. I will leave you with this.... I have never been happier in my entire life. JM and I had a wonderful marriage and life before but now we have a wonderful family! One of my favorite things about motherhood is the way that G looks at me. When he is alert and awake in the middle of the night and he wants attention... I stumble out of bed grudgingly... but as I am holding him in the dark attempting to get him to sleep again, he stares at my face like he would not want to be anywhere else. It's the best feeling ever.
My days all run together lately, it might have something to do with the sleep deprivation that comes with having a new bouncing bundle of joy... so forgive me if my posts get crazy boring or just plain crazy!
So... today was pretty much like my other days. I am trying to juggle G, house work, and work work! I totally overestimated my powers when I had the brilliant idea of only taking two weeks off for maternity leave. I thought it would be fine since I am now doing my work from home. Yeah, I think I should have taken six! Maybe it would not be so bad if I had healed properly but it seems like every time I turn around I have some kind of new infection. The good news is (cross your fingers because I don't want to jinx it) but, I think I am finally healing!!! I am feeling better physically...but, I still feel drained. I feel like I have no strength left at times (today I could not even remove a lid off of a jar of jelly.)...
Okay, okay. Enough complaining. I will leave you with this.... I have never been happier in my entire life. JM and I had a wonderful marriage and life before but now we have a wonderful family! One of my favorite things about motherhood is the way that G looks at me. When he is alert and awake in the middle of the night and he wants attention... I stumble out of bed grudgingly... but as I am holding him in the dark attempting to get him to sleep again, he stares at my face like he would not want to be anywhere else. It's the best feeling ever.

3 comments:
Nice!!!!
I think one of my favorite parts of blogging is being able to easily look back over the years. So, now that you've tried it, I challenge you to keep it up for at least a year. It really doesn't matter what you say, it's more for you than anyone else and in the future you'll look back and say, "I'd forgotten about that..."
Or at least I do. :)
And I'm glad to have another way to keep an eye on you guys!
Yes, what ~e said. AND more pics please. The best part of blogging is posting pics.
AND welcome Hope you love it as much as we do.
Welcome! And yes more pictures, mostly of Gavin.
Dad
Post a Comment