Friday, September 12, 2008

It happens to all new parents at some point... right?

So, let me start off by saying that we do not make a habit of this...

Two days ago was our first big 'uh-oh' of parenting. I was at home with G all day long. He was colicky and I was trying to work... not to mention just take a shower! Well, come 4:00 I still had not accomplished either task, but I was not worried because JM gets home at that time. So, I hear the door open and JM put his keys down and I was ecstatic.... Then he tells me that he has to go to the office to check the mail and send a fax. I guess he saw the look of sheer disappointment on my face because he then said that he could take G with him so I could get ready (we had somewhere to be in an hour). Normally I would not have let him go because it was yucky outside and raining. BUT- a girl's gotta be clean...

Well, right after I got out of the shower I heard my Mom let herself in. She then proceeds to ask me where my keys are... when I questioned why she needed my keys she screeches that JM needs them....... UH OH! She said he had locked himself out of the car... Then I ask the obvious question... where was G? When my Mom would not even look at me I knew he was locked in the car. So, off we go. My Mom and I to the rescue. When we pulled up JM asked if I was going to kill him... I said, "Nah, not today..." Now, had it been 110 degrees like most summer days in Texas it would have been a different story.

I must give him props though for at least locking the door so nobody could steal our precious cargo.

P.S. The car was running with the A.C. on. Oh yeah, and G was none the wiser because he was sleeping hard!

AND- this is for all you who have requested pictures of G...

~Ash

No comments: