...
NOPE!
This was G's temperature yesterday morning. He is not even six months old!
My poor baby! His cheeks and nose were as red as tomatoes from the temp.
It was five in the morning when I realized his temp was so high. We immediately put him in a tepid bath to bring it down. We then gave him his does of motrin... which he threw up five minutes later!
Needless to say, I made a doctor's appointment for him first thing in the morning. Long story short... we went to the doctor and at his appointment they inform me that he has the flu, strain A.
Grrrreeeeeaaaaatttt!
I first realized he was sick Tuesday night. My friend Kate's husband, Mike, watched G while we went to a turbo kickboxing class. When we returned to their house to pick him up Mike mentioned that G was spitting up more frequently than normal. It took a few more times before I realized it was actually vomit. He had not eaten in about four hours so he was just throwing up leftover stomach contents (yummy!)
I took his temperature at that point and it was at 101.9. I took him home immediately and apologized profusely for exposing them to the yuckiness that the flu is! I am still praying that none of their family catches it!
Anyway- I am happy to report that G's temperature is down and his ralphing has diminished! I can tell that he is still not 100%, as he is more fussy than normal... but, I am not complaining.
I am just thankful that he is getting better. I was scared that he was going to have to be hospitalized so they could give him an IV with fluids. He was not keeping down anything yesterday or the night before. The nurse told me to have him drink Pedialite. Well, the problem is.... he does not like it! He would make this awful face when he tasted it... then he would purse his lips and turn away.
Then my Mom had the brilliant idea to try the unflavored kind with one scoop of formula...
GUESS WHAT?
IT WORKED! Did I mention my Mother is brilliant!
Anyway- here is a picture of baby G! He looks like I just told him his first meal will be liver and onions! haha

No comments:
Post a Comment