Wednesday, October 22, 2008

My first attempt....

I have wanted a new fall wreath.... normally, I just buy one I like. But, I did not want to spend 30-50 bucks on one sooooo I decided to try to be crafty!

Did you know that you can buy the bare wreath for..... WAIT FOR IT...... 99 cents!!! Yes, 99 cents! Can you believe that? How do they justify charging 50 bucks for a 99 cent wreath that is decorated with silk leaves?

HA! I figured it out and now I am sticking it to the man.... because my wreath only cost me 8 bucks (that is including the hot glue gun and glue sticks I had to buy)

I'm not sure how great it is but I had fun making it! I think I just might make my Christmas wreath this year as well!

Oh yeah- when JM came home that night he saw it on the table and thought I had bought it! He didn't believe me when I said I made it. Now, I am not sure if he was being complimentary of my craftiness or if he was putting me down by doubting my abilities. hmmmmmmmm????

Anyway- here is a sneak peek! The pictures don't do it justice... so, if you want to get the full effect you will just have to come visit us!








And... since we are talking about first attempts and making things.... here is a picture of the best thing I ever made on my first attempt! haha, was that TMI? Sorry!



Muah- Ash

No comments: